How to get your Fear under ControlMar 11, 2022
Being able to handle whatever life throws at you is key for overcoming overwhelm in your life. A major focus of my work is to empower you to know for certain that you can handle everything that comes your way. This applies to our personal lives as well as on a global scale.
As I write this we are watching a war play out on the world scene. The images and pain and senselessness of it can be overwhelming. Fear is almost thick enough to hold in your hands.
We are definitely holding it in our bodies.
- Here are some things to know about fear.
- Fear is not a bad emotion that we want to eliminate
- It’s really helpful when we need it
- It’s really harmful when we live in it
- It affects different people differently- some people feel paralyzed, some feel really angry, some feel really sad, some feel helpless
- Some people need to talk about it over and over
- It’s exacerbated anytime things are uncertain
- People with past trauma are affected more because they can be triggered by scary events in their own past
- It is an emotion that gets stored in our bodies
Here are some ways to get fear under control in your life:
- Don’t judge the fear- it’s like a scared animal or kid- have compassion on it
- It’s really normal
- Pay attention to what makes it worse, it’s OK not be looking at social media if it just hurts you
- Balance being informed, with just being overwhelmed
- Find a way to help, a place to donate or give to
- Sleep if you are more tired- your body is literally getting stress out of your body when you sleep
- Cry if you feel like it- crying gets stress out of your body and releases feel good hormones
- Meditate, pray, journal, walk,- do things that make you feel better
- Lastly, ask for help. You don’t need to carry this weight alone.
When I work with clients who are having anxiety and overwhelming fear or uncertainty, we address the past patterns that create fear, how to deal with emotions in the present to process them and move through them to make wise decisions and we work on trusting your intuition so you can trust where you are right now, no matter what is happening in the world.
March 29th I’ll share more ways to be in control of your emotions as well as a powerful transformational visualization for peace and confidence. (You can register here: https://www.cyrinatalbott.com/kick-overwhelm-to-curb )
How are you doing? What are you doing to find peace right now? I’d love to hear.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.